[MPlayer-users] btaudio + TV recording problem

Hans Meine meine at kogs1.informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Mar 19 17:57:20 CET 2003

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 03:35, Alan Murrell wrote:
> I cranked up 'Vol', 'PCM', 'Line', 'IGain', and 'Line1' to 100%.  I tried
> recording with 'Line' set to record, and then 'Line1', but sound still does
> not seem to be getting recorded.

To see which input exactly does what, switch on the TV and play with a mixer
utility which allows muting of channels. Normally setting all volumes except
just "Vol" and "Line" to zero resp. muting them should work. On my
Soundblaster, "IGain" will just increase the volume of external inputs, so
you can play with it, too. "Mix" is an obscure channel I have on my laptop
which also has to be greater zero to hear "Line" input.

If you figured out which channel is the right one (also with muting - which is
different to setting the vol to zero but should have nearly the same effect),
set the record flag on that channel (you might want to exclude other channels
from recording because of noise).

Good luck,
  Hans