[MPlayer-users] btaudio + TV recording problem

Alan Murrell alanm at vcn.bc.ca
Thu Mar 20 06:54:48 CET 2003

Hello Again,

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 11:55, Giles RC Morant wrote:
> The btaudio device has two dsp devices (you've read the btaudio docs

No, I hadn't, but I just did now.  I ran the following:

[root at elise root]# sox -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp |
esdcat -r 32000

and got the following output, in addition to something that wasn't quite
static, but definately "noise" coming from my stereo speqakers:

opening socket, format = 0x00001021 at 32000 Hz

So I *think* /dev/dsp2 is working right.

> right?) so try both dsp2 and dsp1.

I did try /dev/dsp1, and mencoder just "hangs"... i.e., instead of the 'Pos:'
counter counting up, it stayed at '0.0s'.  HOWEVER, when I removed the whole
':adevice=/dev/dsp2:forceaudio:forcechan=2' portion, I actually was recording
sound!  Although it gets recorded with a bit of a "whine", but that's just
likely the soundcard (it's one of those SiS mainboard built-in jobbies that
uses the 'trident' module), or is it because the default device
('/dev/dsp1'?) is analogue, as opposed to digital?  Or will that make a
difference?

Anyway, that's getting slightly off-topic, so I'll leave my questions at
those, and thanks for your help!

Alan Murrell <alanm at vcn.bc.ca>