[MPlayer-users] Small query

Matt Wright matt at consultmatt.co.uk
Sat Mar 22 00:15:31 CET 2003

Hi,

I've been using MPlayer for sometime now and with great success, however
there is one small point that is bothering me. A while ago I noticed
that when playing DVD's the A-V very easily loses sync. I investagted
further and found that if mplayer is run as root (not suid, that doesn't
work) then it doesn't lose sync.

I'm using 0.90pre8 with the XVIDIX vo (on a Radeon VE card) and OSS
sound output (I think). It's running on a 1300Mhz Duron, 256MB RAM.
Linux kernel 2.4.20 with Preemptive kernel patch.

Any ideas??

Matt

--
-- Quantum canis ille in fenestra est?