[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer to watch tv

Roman Joost romanjoost at gmx.de
Sat Mar 22 09:00:44 CET 2003

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 12:07:30AM +0000, Chris Phillips wrote:
i read them, but can't figure out - how it works correctly ...

> something like this.
>
> tv=driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:channels=46-bbc1,40-bbc2,43-itv,50-ch4,37-5ive

Everything works fine, but two problems are open for me:

1. If i specify the channels like above "channels=46-bbc1,SE6-RTL,E9-BBC_World
...." i can only switch them with "tv_step_channel 1 or -1". If i wanna use the
great osd-menu and go to "jump to", i get only my channellist as a string
displayed. Did i something wrong or is this maybe a bug? I looked in the
menu.conf and saw only one line with <pt name="jump_to"/>. Maybe i should put my
channels in here?

2. I looked in the man page and looked for a line which describes how to
controll the audio in tv-mode. I saw "forceaudio" and "alsa" but nothing about
what mixer is used. If i'm using alsa, i thought it might be possible to
controle the line-in in mplayer or the "master". Can someone give me a hint,
what i can do here?

Thanks,

Roman
--