[MPlayer-users] [Bug] A/V sync off since as of rc3

phypor mplayer.user at rsichem.com
Mon Mar 24 13:55:17 CET 2003

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 11:06:29PM -0600, phypor wrote:
>> After ripping Spiderman about 25 times in various configurations,
>> I've boiled it down to
>>
>> demux_mpg: 3:2 TELECINE detected, enabling inverse telecine fx. FPS
>> changed to 23.976!
>>
>> Which appeared in rc3, as did the a/v sync prollems (~200-300 ms off)
>> and aren't corrected by the detc filter
>
> If you see this message, you should definitely NOT be using the detc
> filter. It's for material that's actually telecined, whereas this
> message means that the DVD is 24fps content which the player is meant
> to telecine in realtime as it plays.

Ok, I did not know this (and I do keep up with the mailing list, docs
and man page pretty well)

> Have you uploaded a large enough segment from the DVD for us to see
> the A/V desync? And does it happen with mplayer too, or just mencoder?
>
> Rich

It's a short segment, but you can see the bad avsync especially
when mary jane makes an 'uh' sound

without considering detc, the two important ones are Spiderman (*rc2*),
which has good avsync and Spiderman (*rc3*), which is the bad avsync.

if more examples are needed from different places or w/ different
settings, thats no problem

as for it happening with mplayer... I don't think it does, but i havent
focused on viewing many diff .avi's... just trying to get ripping right

~phypor