[MPlayer-users] How to start mplayer

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Thu Mar 27 18:21:12 CET 2003

On Thursday 27 March 2003 19:10, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Both KDE Start --> Multimedia --> MPlayer and
> $ gmplayer on "Konsole Window"
> start "MPlayer -Video" window and "MPlayer" set
didn't mean that.. mplayer executable should be included anyway..

> Video CD can be played but sound quality and video quality are not
> reliable and stable.  The playing of the same video CD is good this time
> but becomes bad next time
make sure that arts isn't used.. suspend arts (with kde start -> multimedia ->
more programs -> arts control tool) before starting mplayer and make sure
it's not set in any config files.

> I think I have to fine tune the config file.  Any suggestion?
change ao=arts (if you find one) into ao=oss or ao=alsa, pick the one that
sounds more familiar to you.. a tip for a beginning kde user.. avoid arts
whenever possible.. i hope ppl get rid of it in future.. though that's only
my opinion..

> Thanks in advance.
>
> B.Regards
> Stephen