[MPlayer-users] Problem in starting mplayer-plugin

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Mar 28 17:19:18 CET 2003

On Friday, 28 March 2003, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi all folks,
>
> RH7.3
> Mozilla
> =======
>
> I have following packages installed in my system
>
> mplayerplug-in-0.60-1
> mplayer-skin-default-1.6-3
> mplayer-common-0.90rc4-2
> mplayer-gui-0.90rc4-2
>
> mplayer is running
>
> Whenever I clicked a video/tv clip on a website, mplayer-plugin started
> to load.  But finally a blank screen will result.  Another time mozilla
> will close automatically

mplayer-plugin I think requires mplayer, not mplayer-gui. At least using
the GUI version doesn't make sense to me in this case, so it's probably
looking for 'mplayer' binary and since mplayer-gui doesn't provide one, it
fails.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/