[MPlayer-users] How to start mplayer

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Mar 29 11:34:58 CET 2003

On Saturday, 29 March 2003, Stephen Liu wrote:
[...]
> From "man hdparm" I think following command may be appropriate
>
> hdparm -c2d1u1 /dev/cdrom

Huh? How the hell did you come up with -c2? The manpage only mentions
0,1 and 3. You could use 3 or 1.

> I have a 32bit display card with 16MB memory.  Would -c3 be more
> appropriate?  I am inexperience, if I am wrong, kindly correct me.

Why do you think _hd_parm (as in: hard drive) has anything to do
with display cards?? Where do you people get these strange ideas?

> > And since you
> > have RH7.3 I think you need some additional entry in
> > /etc/modules.conf
> > (check the archives of this list).
>
> I used following search engine

> making searches and could not find the topic I need.  Could you please
> shed me some light?  What is subject title?

OK, here it is:
options ide-cd dma=1

Remember though, that this option is needed only if you're using a kernel
packaged by RedHat.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/