[MPlayer-users] mplayer dosen't hold aspect on any files!

Sat Mar 29 16:32:58 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, frizop at charter.net wrote:

>	I've read thru the man page, and it only seems that I can 'disable'
>aspect, granted my windowmanager understands "hints"
>
>ie: manager needs to understand window aspect hints.
>
>so, fluxbox and KDE don't understand these hints?
>
>I just want the original aspect to hold for video files. [useing the x11
>or xv output]

Do you mean resizing window or playing in original window or fs with
correct aspect? If first, I think there is not much you can do with you
wm. I'm using wmaker, it understands hints, and so does fvwm2.

If your mean second, this is unrelated - text in manpage is about manual
resizing of window, which has no relation to movie aspect and such.
Mplayer just creates window of correct size after scaling to aspect. But
don't expect this from x11 output, it has no hardware scaling. If window
size is right, but you see black borders, that's it. Use -zoom or
-vo xv.
If you got no problem with that, it means movie has no right aspect. Use
-aspect switch for correction...

--

Vladimir