[MPlayer-users] Need detailed documentation on MPlayer

thcuong thcuong at ifi.edu.vn
Mon Mar 31 19:43:05 CEST 2003

  Hello,
I'm new to MPlayer, and to Video on Linux too.
In order to build a Video Player on Linux, for playing MPEG-1 files, I
need some detailed documentation on:

1) "Architecture" : What are the processing layers
2) Codec algorithms
3) Fully explained files: Which files serve for what purposes.
4) How to understand source codes (I'm programming in C/C++)

In fact, I did read documentation on http://mplayerhq.hu, but didnot
find the information needed, and i have never tried CVS yet.

I run Redhat 7.2 on a local machine (I don't have a root, only a normal
user without right to install rpm packages ).

Many thanks to you