[MPlayer-users] Discoloration / artifacts when playing Lavc encoded video on Windows. Anyone else notice it?

John Evans jevans64 at knology.net
Mon Mar 31 11:37:58 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am creating multi-platform video. I have noticed that there is discoloration / artifacts between keyframes
when playing lavc encoded video on a Windows box with the divx 5.x.x codec. This has been a problem for
some time now. My video is at 624 x 480 & keyframe interval is 300, so I know it is not the macroblock
problem. My guess is that the divx codec does not know what to do with the lavc video.

Anyone know where I can find a Windows port of the lavc / lavcodec / libavcodec for Windows that I can
include with my video discs? I found one for the Mac and only a reference about porting the source on a
Google search. A port that will also play Divx 5.0.2 pro encoded video would be better.

John