[MPlayer-users] mplayer win32 bins?

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri May 2 09:39:06 CEST 2003

> On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 08:54:12PM +0200, Winner of tha face compo wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]

> > Sascha Sommer wrote:
> > > There are both versions, because mingw mplayer is still missing some
> > > features like
> > > streaming and cache.
> > If someone is willing to contribute some hints on using/installing
mingw/cygwin
> > MPlayer and their differences, I'll make it available as official
download,
> > on the homepage. Someone told me MPlayer complained of 'invalid
QuickTime DLL',
> > and playing RealVideo had buggy image.

'invalid QuickTimeDLL': someone needs to put QTMLClient.dll from the codec
packages into windows/system dir
if it isn't there. I will change this later to load it from codecs dir, too.
Maybe he also needs to install Quicktimeplayer,
dunno if it works only with the codecs from mphq.

RealVideo and buggy image: please upload a sample and maybe a screenshot.

> > So if we can "guarantee" at least 90% functionality and identify known
bugs,
> > IMHO these ports should be made public.
> > Can't wait to see M$/Apple/Sorenson/... reactions :)

If the core agrees that we should go this step,
I could write down the differences and some other hints...

> It would be really nice if someone could make a windows-native gui
> before the 'official' release. Unfortunately most windows users won't
> use a program unless it has gui eye-candy junk.

I am working on a simple and not eye-candy one, but the interface that
controls mplayer
via slave mode will be independend. Therefore it should be easy to code
something skinable.
Don't expect it soon, the next weeks are full of tests.

Sascha