[MPlayer-users] mencoder tv capture video problem

joekewl at socal.rr.com joekewl at socal.rr.com
Sat May 3 00:54:28 CEST 2003

I recently picked up a WinTV card (bt878), and am trying to capture the TV
signal with mencoder. However I am having a problem with the captured video
file. When I play the video file back on my system, the video is only in
sync with the audio for the first second of the video, after that, the video
falls behind the audio, almost like the video is in slow-motion, while the
audio playback continues in real time.
Here is the capture command I am using:

mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:adevice=/dev/dsp:norm=NTSC:width=320:height=240 -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900 -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=64 -vop pp=lb -o output.avi

I also have top running at the time, and CPU utilization never passes 40%.
Anyone have some advice with things to try?
Thanks!

--Robert