[MPlayer-users] Bug? Got "block counter just went negative (this should not happen)" message

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Sat May 3 02:25:25 CEST 2003

On 2003.05.03 01:41 Mathias Bage wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> with MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4, Linux/i386 2.4.18
> while playing the movie
>
>         http://science.nasa.gov/ppod/y2003/images/moonset_wide.mov
>
> I was too lazy (read: too tired) to get the latest release.

Probably it's a bug.

The movie size is 574x252, and it's encoded with rpza. Rpza is based on
4x4 pixel blocks, but both width and height of the movie are not
divisible by 4. That's strange.

Does it work with QT? If yes, what's the reported width and height?

I'll have a deeper look at the sample tomorrow. Do you have other files
with the same behaviour?

> /Mathias

Ciao,
  Roberto