[MPlayer-users] xvid (lotr-II) movie crashed MPlayer.

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Tue May 6 02:35:31 CEST 2003

Hi Vlad

U dont need to compile any special XVID codec with mplayer to be able to
play XVID movies. AFAIK libavcodec (which is built by default in mplayer
releases, not CVS) can play XVID movies very well. So, just grab the last
mplayer release, ./configure, make, make install and mplayer <xxx.avi>

XVID codec is needed if:
1. libavcodec shows bugs playing your movie
2. u want to encode XVID movies (ie mencoder)