[MPlayer-users] Re: Ther is a way to encode directly in ogm format?[mencoder]

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue May 6 17:19:55 CEST 2003

Michael Waters wrote:
> mencoder can't encode to ogm directly.  How about the method in the
> README included with ogmtools ?

Yeah, I've been using that method, and it seems to work OK, as long as I
encode the whole movie at once, which is the normal way. I was trying to
encode a chapter at a time, to enable parallel processing, but that
resulted in sync problems in the movie after it was concatentated.
Libavcodec's bitrate prediction works much better when used on the whole
movie at once anyway.

Jonathan Rogers