[MPlayer-users] Question about -vo gl and nVidia

Axel f97-ali at nada.kth.se
Tue May 13 12:33:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

The mplayer manual states that if the xv driver works then it should be
faster then the gl output, but since I'm stuck with a nVidia card and I
don't like the tearing, I've switched to the gl driver. But it is REALLY
slow, CPU usage goes from almost nothing to about 70% on my Athlon 1200
when watching DVDs. Is there any chance that the xv driver will support
flip on vsync any time soon, or that the gl driver will become faster?
Besides the huge speed bump, are there any other downsides with the gl
output?

I've done a fair bit of C programing, but I know almost nothing about
lowlevel videodrivers. I am willing to try and break something, but I
would definitly need a few pointers about how to go about it. ;)

/Axel