[MPlayer-users] nVIDIA driver problems

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue May 13 21:10:42 CEST 2003

Linux MPlayer wrote:
> Just make sure to have "nvidia" instead of "nv" in
> your XF86Config file.  If that doesn't fix it, make
> sure you have "alias /dev/nvidia*   nvidia" in your
> `modules.conf' if using devfs.  If all else fails,
> don't use the RPMs to install the latest drivers.  The
> latest driver set has a driver alread compiled for
> your Redhat system.

More to the point, make sure that the kernel module is loaded. I think
it used to be called "NVdriver," but now it's "nvidia." Make sure one of
those is in the list of loaded modules (/proc/modules). Also, this is
not really the right list to be asking about this. A Redhat or Nvidia
related one would be better.

Jonathan Rogers