[MPlayer-users] BUG: "mplayer -identify" now plays

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Wed May 14 12:24:52 CEST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2003 07:22 schrieb gabucino at mplayerhq.hu:
> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > couldn't both identify and show the movie at once (might not matter
> > for local files, but consider a network stream.
>
> I don't quite see the logic.. afair -identify printed script-edible output,
> why would anyone need that, standard MPlayer output fits more to humans.

The only usefullness of this would be, if and only if i could pass options to
a running mplayer. But I don't think switching resolution and output-device
on the fly is possible. I don't see what this has to do with consistency. It
simply break the usage of -identify. I mean, whoever done that may explain
what the use of it is to have -identify output w/o beeing able to use it. The
-vo null -ao null is just unneeded complication. Of course you can do
whatever you want, and as a simple user i can just tell that  I  dislike it.
The decission is after all up to you.

Steffen