[MPlayer-users] vqscale in first pass instead off vhq,v4mv,...

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu May 15 00:27:31 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:11:00PM +0400, Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:
> May I do first pass without vhq,v4mv,naq,... with vqscale=1?
> PSNR is higher in this case.
> How it affect on divx2pass.log?

You definitely cannot omit vhq,v4mv,naq on the first pass; doing so
will make the stats in divx2pass.log useless. vqscale=1 may be ok, but
it's probably overkill, especially if you don't plan to use vqmin=1 in
the second pass. vqscale=2 or just setting the bitrate should be fine.

BTW, please start a NEW THREAD when asking a new question. Don't just
reply to a random unrelated email.

Rich