[MPlayer-users] xv crops video on Tecra8000/Neomagic

Davros tashuu at newsguy.com
Thu May 15 03:31:34 CEST 2003

Hi All,

Hope I have the right list - I just snagged the Neomagic driver for X
(using XFree 4.2.1).

It gives me XV support, which is wonderfull!  However, it crops the
video.  I've tested with DVD and SVCD - crops.  It's a shame, because it
plays even DVDs back nice and smooth - I just can't see the whole
image!  It's not a matter of virtual desktop either - I can move the
mouse around and move the viewing window to the left or the right in the
black, if you know what I mean, when full screen, but I don't see any
more of the video.

I added the overlay memory option as suggested in the docs (without this
it would only play the first 2 seconds and then abort).

Does anyone else have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 with fully working XV support
in MPlayer?  No, i haven't tried X 4.3 yet...

Has anyone gotten VESA support working?  It always segfaults for me,
though the neomagic chip in this thing is supposed to be VESA
compliant...

Has anyone gotten tv out to work with MPlayer?  If so, how?  Via VESA?

Davros