[MPlayer-users] -tv adevice not working in 0.90 and later CVS?

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sun May 18 20:49:32 CEST 2003

Hi,

mencoder -o test.avi -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=704:height=576:adevice=/dev/dsp:forcechan=2:outfmt=yuv2:forceaudio:input=2
-ovc lavc -vop pp=lb -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:mode=0:br=128 -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1200

doesn't produce an audio stream in mplayer 0.90 and later CVS; it used to
work with earlier versions (CVS from March). Video works perfectly; adding
forceaudio or using alsa doesn't change anything.

I'm fairly sure my hardware setup is correct because using comparable
commands in transcode works:

transcode -o test.avi -g 704x576 -f 25 -i /dev/video0 -p /dev/dsp -y
ffmpeg -F mpeg4 --import_v4l 2 -J smartdeinter -V

mencoder itself works nicely too - it can reencode existing files to
whatever I want (so the external libs are ok as well) - it's just
apparently ignoring the audio stream from the soundcard (though strace
shows the correct device is being opened).

Any ideas?

LLaP
bero

--
Ark Linux - Linux for the masses
http://www.arklinux.org/

Redistribution and processing of this message is subject to
http://www.arklinux.org/terms.php