[MPlayer-users] can't locate codec for audioformat 0x6134706D

Viktor Rosenfeld rosenfel at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon May 19 19:54:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

Corey Hickey wrote:

> Hmm, presuming that's the same as the 100MB one, you need the faad2
> libraries. You can get them here:
> http://audiocoding.com/download.php
>
> Compile/install faad2, then recompile mplayer.

I have faad2, but I have the same problem (Animatrix videos).  Here's
the relevant output of mplayer:

Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
*** Try to upgrade /home/viktor/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.

This is on Debian unstable on powerpc.

Ciao,
Viktor
--