[MPlayer-users] No subtitles!

Emil Ungurean kawa at rdslink.ro
Tue May 20 20:35:08 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 21:02, Corey Hickey wrote:

> Emil Ungurean wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > 	I've just compiled mplayer ver .090 and no subtitles comes up.
> > Any ideeas what went wrong? Besides this problem the player works as
> > expected!
> >
> > Thnak you.
> >
> > Emil Ungurean
> > Digital Computers
> > 2900 Arad, Romania
>
> Search the mplayer manual page for "subtitle" and you'll find a wealth
> of options for turning on and manipulating the display of subtitles. If
> you still have trouble, then reply and tell us what type of video you're
> playing (DVD, avi, etc.) and the exact command you're using to play it.
> If you think you're using the right command and it doesn't seem to work,
> then post the _full_ output of mplayer.
>
> -Corey

SUB: Detected subtitle file format: microdvd
SUB: Read 1274 subtitles.
SUB: Adjusted 69 subtitle(s).

Hi,

I get this when I run gmplayer <some.avi> -sub <some.sub>
.
.
.
SUB: Detected subtitle file format: microdvd
SUB: Read 1274 subtitles.
SUB: Adjusted 69 subtitle(s).
.
.
.

But I can't see any subtitles displayed. The fonts file are ok, tried
->prefrences->subtitles, no errors reported...etc.

What now?

Emil.