[MPlayer-users] using mencoder for the Archos Multimedia Jukebox

John Lavin jlavin at linuxtech.com
Wed May 21 04:06:03 CEST 2003

Corey Hickey said:
> Use -ovc divx4 and -ofps 25 and see if that works. If you don't have the
> DivX5 libraries, try using lavc and setting the fourcc with -ffourcc
> DX50. You can also try -lavcopts vstrict=1 and see what happens.

I *didn't* have divX5 libs.  Tried to instal: ./install.sh as root did
copy, but still get:

Couldn't find video filter 'divx4'
Failed to open the encoder.

hrm.  doing mplayer -v on the sample avi gives the the following:

======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 352
  biHeight 160
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 24
  biCompression 808802372='DX50'
  biSizeImage 168960
===========================

The closest I get is this:

======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 352
  biHeight 240
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 24
  biCompression 808802372='DX50'
  biSizeImage 253440
===========================

With this command:

mencoder matrix4.mov -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:preset=128 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=50:vstrict=1 -ofps 20 -ffourcc DX50 -vop
scale=352x288 -o movie.avi

the biSizeImage needs to come down some more, but I'm already down to a
50 vbitrate.  Is this relevant?

Thanks,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin at wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :