[MPlayer-users] mencoder crashes

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Thu May 22 16:21:42 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 17:06, Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:
> At the end of the first pass current cvs mencoder crashes always.
> Command I use:
> mencoder dvd://1 -o /dev/null -oac copy \
> -ovc lavc -ofps 23.976 -noaspect -vop
> scale=512:320,hqdn3d,crop=720:380:0:50 -sws 2 \ -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vlelim=-4:vcelim=9:vmax_b_frames=1:vb_qoffset=0.6:vb_strategy=
>1:\ vqscale=2:vpass=1:lumi_mask=0.05:dark_mask=0.01:naq:v4mv:vhq
>
> p.s. sorry for bad english.
i remember someone reporting a mencoder crash not a long ago too, search the
archives in case his/hers problem got solved..

1) you shouldn't start a new thread under another ppls! this will result in
the developers (or the ppl who really know something != me) ignoring or
simply not noticing your message!

2) with crashes you should always include ____FULL____ mencode/mplayer output,
though in this case it might not help at all, at least you could read
bugreports.html or what ever, somewhere in DOCS/ in sources. it includes all
the needed steps to take in order TO GET HELP AND SOLUTIONS, stuff like
backtraces etc. needed by the team, or your general info about your system.

nothing more.

-rzei