[MPlayer-users] Mencoder

Keary Parinis parinisk at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 08:57:08 CEST 2003

Hello,

I don't normally subscribe to techie groups like this but I'm so impressed
with MPlayer and need some help with it.  I finally configured to work with
the gui and can encode most DVDs.  I have 2 issues.  1st one: I get this
"segmentation error" and "get_buffer ( )" error when I try to rip high
quality DVDs.  When I rip low quality DVDs (old, scratched up ones) mencoder
works fine.  Has anyone had this problem before?  I found this reference
from http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/747/ :"The defaults of MPlayer's A-V
sync parameters aren't fine-tuned for perfect files. They are set to match
most (average) files. If you have high-quality videos, you may want to limit
A-V sync correction in order to get smoother playback. The most important
A-V sync parameter is "-mc". It means "max A-V time correction per frame",
and defaults to 0.01. For good input, you can go down even to 0.0001, but
0.001 is enough for most cases. Note that smaller values make playback
smoother but slow reaction time to fix A-V desynchronization (broken/skipped
frames, etc.)." That didn't help.

The next issue is the GUI (gmplayer).  Is it possible to save and load
playlists?  I created the .pls file with a path for each song per line.
Does it only work with the command line?