[MPlayer-users] mencoder with ffmpeg -vhook?

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Fri May 23 10:24:57 CEST 2003

Has anyone added the ffmpeg vhook capability to mencoder?  E.g.

% ffmpeg -s cif -vd /dev/video0 file.avi -vhook '/usr/local/lib/vhook/imlib2.so  -F /usr/share/fonts/truetype/Arial/10 -t %c -x 0 -y 0 -c blue'

results in "%c" (strftime time&date stamp) being overlayed on video.

For a second I though -sub in mplayer was an option. :-/

I've just stumbled on mencoder and it seems to work much better than
ffmpeg on my 800Mhz VIA C3 EPIA board.  But I need to add text.

Geoff