[MPlayer-users] Playing a real playlist file without -playlist

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri May 23 15:19:55 CEST 2003

Hi,

This url http://www.dsltv.nl/dsltv.asp?channel=06&x=.ram (dutch viewers
only) plays with mplayer from CVS with the -playlist option, but not
without it. It outputs
Falling back on trying to parse playlist
http://www.dsltv.nl/dsltv.asp?channel=06&x=.ram...
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============

Now looking why falling back doesn't work, I noticed that it calls
  entry = parse_playtree(stream,0); (mplayer.c:1402)
and using '-playlist' calls parse_playtree(stream,1). So if I change the
line at mplayer.c:1402 to 'entry = parse_playtree(stream,1);' it works!.

Didn't look any further why it's called with 0 here, all I know it works
with 1.

Output of "lynx -source 'http://www.dsltv.nl/dsltv.asp?channel=06&x=.ram'"
is:
rtsp://stream01.xs4all.nl/encoder/dsltv06.rm
(no linefeed)

Regards,

Koos