[MPlayer-users] Audio sync off in NTSC DVD

Michael Collard quadfour at iinet.net.au
Sun May 25 10:52:08 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 14:09, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Yes... Very slight de-sync when encoding with mp3lame is a semi-known
> problem. That is, I and many others have reported it, and even sent
> in several detailed bugreports, but the mplayer developers have never
> reproduced the problem. :(
>
> Not to harass the developers or anything, I do appreciate the amazing
> stuff they do, but this has been around for a while.

I have found a way around this :)

There is a perl script called 'ogmencoder'. As the name suggests, it
creates ogm files. What it does is use MPlayer or rather mencoder for
ripping video, then transcode to rip the audio & convert it to OGG
format. The script is very well written and allows many options.
Disadvantages are that you need transcode, mplayer, libvorbis, libogg,
oggtools etc. More info on their googled page :)

Regards

Michael