[MPlayer-users] problem with "-fs" using xv video driver

Calum Mackay calum.mackay at sun.com
Sun May 25 18:08:51 CEST 2003

I'm seeing a minor issue when starting mplayer in fullscreen mode with
"-fs", whilst using the xv video driver.

The problem is that the bottom 25% or so of the screen isn't painted: I
can see still my GNOME desktop (with the clock still ticking). The top
75% looks correct. I'm viewing a quicktime movie (The Matrix Reloaded
trailer).

If I switch back and forth to fullscreen using the 'f' key, everything
is suddenly OK, so there's a trivial workaround; the problem only occurs
when first starting in fullscreen mode with "-fs".

The problem only occurs with the xv driver; or, at least, it doesn't
occur using x11 or sdl. I've got ao set to null.

I've been able to reproduce the problem on 3 different systems, with
different hardware and different video cards.

All 3 systems are running mplayer cvs:

MPlayer dev-CVS-030522-05:00-3.3 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

are all are running Xfree86 from the CVS sources (4.3.99.4), on 2.4.20
kernel, with glibc 2.3.1 & the DRI/DRM driver loaded (from the XFree86
sources, not the DRI tree).

2 of the systems are running GNOME 2.2 with metacity WM 2.4.34. I can
get the 3rd system's WM info if that's important.

is this a known issue?

cheers,
Calum.