[MPlayer-users] Bug: out of memory

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Sun May 25 18:20:47 CEST 2003

I have RH 9 with custom kernel 2.4.21-rc2 configured with kernel
debugging Check for stack overflows Magic SysRq key. I am running
Mplayer on a Athlon XP 1700+, Radeon 9500Pro card, Alsa 9.3a drivers
with a SoundBlaster Live!. I've tried both the MPlayer 0.90 and the cvs
version and the following error always appear.

In some well determined points of several DivX files mplayer exits
because of the following error (in /var/log/messages)

May 25 16:38:25 lampone kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 5880
(gmplayer).

Note that with the same files I didn't have any problem with the 2.4.20
kernel. I tried to recompile the kernel with Kernel Hacking off kernel
rc3 ALSA 9.3c .... crash

---Beppe---