[MPlayer-users] mencoder -> avi + subtitle ?

gabor gabor at z10n.net
Tue May 27 17:02:31 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 16:57, Sebastien Chivoret wrote:
> Hello,

1. don't EVER user the 'reply' button to begin a new thread....

if you want to reply to a mail, use 'reply'
if you want to ask something , use  'new-mail'

if you use 'reply' to ask something it will confuse the mail-clients
which automatically group the mails from a conversation. thanks.

> Suppose I have a DVD in japanese (no english subtitles) that I don't have the
> time to watch. I "mencoder" it in the file, say, movie.avi , I return the DVD, I
> find the corresponding subtitles on www.subtitles.cz or http://subs.2ya.com/
> (this much I know how to do) but then...
>
> is it possible to play the avi file together with a, say, .srt or .sub file ?

of course,

mplayer movie.avi -sub thesub.sub

for example.

(btw. it seems to be the good time to read 'man mplayer')

gabor