[MPlayer-users] Can't play external DVDs

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue May 27 21:54:12 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 27. Mai 2003 19.50 schrieb Jürgen Schinker:
> Got the same Problem with external Firewire-Case
> you cant view DVDs from it

Hmmm... Now that's strange. I got two external DVD-drives connected by
firewire here (different manufacturers), and both work great.

What kernel version are you using? Everything below 2.4.11 is virtually
unusable for this. Also, starting from 2.4.18, every new kernel version
has brought great improvements in firewire-support.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    Master of unrealistic idealism    x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \