[MPlayer-users] G450 and tv-out

Mark Zealey mark at zealos.org
Wed May 28 19:36:46 CEST 2003

OK does anyone have a working configuration with a monitor and a tv-out on a
matrox G450? I've been playing with matroxset etc all day and cant get any
signal out of my adaptor on the second HD-15 port. I'm using an NTSC widescreen
lcd display and a normal 17" as primary output (at 1024x768-85 at 24bpp). I know
this can be done because i have found several howtos (im using the fb).

At the moment i do:

/usr/bin/matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 1
/usr/bin/matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 2
/usr/bin/matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -o 0
/usr/bin/matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -o 1
/usr/bin/matroxset -f /dev/fb1 2

and then map a console to fb1 and try to fbset it but still nothing appears on
the screen. I plugged the screen into the tv-out from an old ATI on a doze box
and it came straight up with the picture.

Eventually i want to be able to watch movies on the tv whilst working on the
main screen (mplayer seems to lock the main screen but im sure that can be
fixed or is just a by-product of my screwed setup)

Anyone got any ideas/experiance as to why i cant see any picture on the tv...?

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.oftc.net: #zealos and many more)
mark at zealos.org; mark at itsolve.co.uk