[MPlayer-users] CPU-Feature Detection (win32 version)

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri May 30 16:52:56 CEST 2003

> He is using the mingw package form releases/win32-beta.
> It is compiled with SSE support. The problem is that
> mplayer's runtime cpudetection doesn't detect it.
> I tryed on a SSE system once and it wasn't detect there either.
> I have no idea how to fix that.
Look at this one then, seems there is a problem into SSE detection :
(maybe 3Dnow too, since this model has 3Dnow pro support)

my cygwin /proc/cpuinfo:
processor       : 0
vendor id       : AuthenticAMD
type            : primary processor
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+
<snip>
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse

Output of mplayer:
MPlayer dev-CVS-030507-13:59-3.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see
DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 PM Palomino/Athlon MP
Multiprocessor/Athlon
 XP eXtreme Performance (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
3DNow supported but disabled
3DNowExt supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net)
ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.