[MPlayer-users] Re: Dumping CC subtitles

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Sat May 31 02:18:51 CEST 2003

ephemeron at softhome.net wrote:
> I have a DVD with CC subtitles that I can show with "mplayer
> -subcc".  Since the CC subs aren't bitmaps, they're much clearer
> (at least with FreeType on ;-) than the usual .vob subtitles.  Is
> there a way to divert these subtitles to a file, similar to what
> -vobsubout does?

Excellent question. This would be great for transcoding as well, since
one could get text subtitles without OCRing the DVD subtitles. I didn't
even realize there was this option or that the CC's existed until you
mentioned it. It seems one difference is that the CC's have more audio
cues and mention specifically who's talking than ordinary subtitles.

Jonathan Rogers