[MPlayer-users] Cant open VMG info!

Dave selby mplayer at pusspaws.net
Sat May 31 09:08:10 CEST 2003

Fabio Papa wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>On Thursday 29 May 2003 19:12, Dave selby wrote:
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hello,
>>
>>Most of my DVDs play AOK on mplayer but I have a couple that come up
>>"Cant open VMG info!" Im using debian woody, someone suggested
>>installing libdvdcss2 but this is only avalible on testing/unstable.
>>
>>I know I am probarbly asking the earth but is there a way to upgrade
>>debian woody to get round this problem without branching to
>>testing/unstable ?
>>

>Hi,
>	I've woody too here. You can try adding marrillat's archive to your debs
>sources. Consult www.apt-get.org and search for libdvdcss2. I'm sure it'll
>come up there. Anyway, I don't think libdvdcss is that better than
>libdvdmpdvdkit, which mplayer uses as default, but you can give it a try...
>

>>Dave

Hello,

"Anyway, I don't think libdvdcss is that better than
libdvdmpdvdkit, which mplayer uses as default"

I think you are probarbly right ! I found and installed libdvdcss2 and
libdvdcss2-dev  via dpkg -i nothing changed. it seems that libdvdread
has the problem, but from browsing the web libdvdread depends on
libdvdcss which has been upgraded.

Playing /dev/dvd
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!

Newbe question here ... apart from dpkg do I need to do anything else to
get the libs recognised ? As I understand it by installinf the -dev part
it should be auto-picked up by libdvdread.

Dave