[MPlayer-users] tvout, ssh and mplayer

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gmx.de
Sat May 31 23:35:23 CEST 2003

On Saturday 31 May 2003 18:07, Jeffrey R. Smith wrote:
> I am trying to get mplayer to work with tvout and controlled via ssh...
> because I use my laptop as a remote control when watching movies in a
> different room then my computer....
>

> cat /usr/bin/tvout looks like this
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo xterm -e mplayer -fs "$*" > ~/.xinitrc-tv
> startx ~/.xinitrc-tv -- :1 -layout TV

I don't understand why the xterm is needed there

Why not just start x-windows, set DISPLAY und call mplayer

  X :1 -layout TV &
  export DISPLAY=:1.0
  mplayer -fs ...

Then you can control mplayer in this shell over the ssh-connection

Matthias Schwarzott

--
For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do.
		-- Paul of Tarsus, (Saint Paul)