[MPlayer-users] Some problems with subtitles and other thing

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Nov 2 19:52:53 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 01:29:54PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:19:59 +0100
> tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:
>

> > Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
> > VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
> > Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
>
> the filter chain couldnt be build due to non-matching
> colour spaces. Not mencoder retries with the scale filter
> (ie doing colour space conversion)
>
> > Opening video filter: [scale]
> > The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
> > VDecoder init failed :(
>
> This sounds strange now...

This is NOT an error. It tries mpeg _passthrough_ (!!!!!!!) first and
sees that you're not trying to play video on a hardware mpeg decoder
board, so then it falls back to libmpeg2. Very simple if you bother to
_read_ the messages!

> > And Especially that:
> >
> > encoder binary profile: S
> > pass (2) and rate control mode (0) doesn't match, please consult encore2.h
>

> Hmm... Never seen that. Rich ? any ideas ?

Nope, because I don't use divx. It sucks. Probably the divx4 api has
made incompatible changes again. USE LIBAVCODEC INSTEAD!!!

Rich