[MPlayer-users] Bug: lost audio frames

DdCJ danieljotha at yahoo.com.br
Thu Nov 6 04:15:30 CET 2003

System information:
  Linux distribution: Debian GNU (testing distribution)
  Kernel version: 2.4.21
  libc version: 2.3.2
  X version: XFree86 4.3.0
  gcc 2.95 and ld 2.14.90.0.6
  binutils 2.14.90.0.6
Hardware information:
  CPU info:
    processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 5
    model           : 2
    model name      : Pentium 75 - 200
    stepping        : 12
    cpu MHz         : 132.633
    fdiv_bug        : no
    hlt_bug         : no
    f00f_bug        : yes
    coma_bug        : no
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 1
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8
    bogomips        : 264.60
  Video card: ATI Mach64 with 1 MB RAM
  Video driver: X built-in modular driver version 6.4.18
                X server for Mach64 version 3.3.6a
  Sound card: Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington with kernel OSS drivers
Hello!
This problem occurs on many free players for Linux.
Some audio frames of mpeg files are not decompressed.

Here are some ways to see the problem:
Consider audio with 44.1 ksamples/sec stereo.
* On mp3 file:
  Play the file with mpg123:
  $ mpg123 -w file1.wav file.mp3
  Now play the same file with mplayer:
  $ mplayer -ao pcm -aofile file2.wav file.mp3
  By comparing the sizes of the wav files, you can see that the
file2.wav is lacking 2*1152 pcm samples (two mpeg audio frames),
if you used mp3lib (one frame with ffmpeg).
  A lack happen also when I dump audio from mp3:
  $ mplayer -dumpaudio file.mp3
  The same mp3 file is given, but without the first frame.

* On mpeg system file:
  Dump the audio from the file and play it with mpg123:
  $ mplayer -dumpaudio file.mpeg; mpg123 -w file1.wav stream.dump
  Play the file with mplayer:
  $ mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm -aofile file2.wav file.mpeg
  Compare the size of the wav files (on my system the file2.wav is
lacking 1152, or 2*1152 on some files, and I used mp3lib)
  If I use ffmpeg, the problem only happen on some files.

* On avi file with mp3 audio:
  Do the same thing done with mpeg system files.
  The problem doesn't happen when I use mp3acm codec and sometimes
with the ffmp3 codec.

I tested with asf with wma files too. Some samples also are lacked
when I play the files.  I compared the wav files produced by mplayer
and by a windows program called Goldwave, which uses code from
micro$oft.
The files produced by goldwave are bigger.

And at last, I would like to know how to activate the l3codecx.ax
dshow codec, distributed with win32codecs.tar.bz2, in codecs.conf.

Thanks.

Yahoo! Mail - 6MB, anti-spam e antivírus gratuito. Crie sua conta agora:
http://mail.yahoo.com.br