[MPlayer-users] Re: Bugreport

Stephen Fegan sfegan at egret.sao.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 7 18:21:28 CET 2003

Hi,

I've see this happen on a few streams that I've tried to play, you can see
in the output of mplayer that it is trying to play the URL...

mms://media.omroep.nl/kro/russen/russen_20030912_waanzininhetgeloof_afl2_video_high.wmv

Sometimes you have to change the "mms" to "mmst" for mplayer to play it,
so try:

mplayer -cache 8192 mmst://media.omroep.nl/kro/russen/russen_20030912_waanzininhetgeloof_afl2_video_high.wmv

I don't know enough about the streaming protocol to know what the
difference is or why it works (for me at least!).

Steve

> I encountered a bug while attempting to play the WMV stream from http://
> www.kro.nl/russen/videoaudio/116211ASXBB.asx. The play-buffer isn't
> filled and mplayer keeps waiting forever. Xine plays this URL without problems.
> Notmal WMV files also play OK with MPlayer. The command used and output
> are below:

etc..