[MPlayer-users] Playing from v4l NOVIRUS

Wieslaw Kierbedz sprawki at wp.pl
Sat Nov 8 01:27:35 CET 2003

Uz.ytkownik Jerome Etienne napisa?:
> as a side note, i succeed to have sound from my webcam using xawtv.
> i never tried to do it with mplayer, so i dont know mplayer to make
> mplayer do it
>
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 10:18:41AM -0800, Todd Lyons wrote:
>
>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>I'm trying to play and later archive video/sound from a v4l device.  The
>>driver (bttv and btaudio) are both successfully loaded, see below for dmesg
>>output.  Video displays properly with no problems.  But no sound is played.
>>Am I mistaken in thinking that I can have mplayer grab video/audio (physical
>>devices video0 and dsp1) from the capture card and play the video back on
>>the screen with audio out through /dev/dsp (my regular sound chip)?
I think mplayer only initialize (unmute) audio-out of tv card. You can
watch tv with sound when the audio-out of tv card and audio-in (line-in,
aux, cd-in) of sound card are connected. Mplayer is not able to route
audio (am I wrong?). When you choose adevice=/dev/dsp2 you choose it as
audio-out.
To use btaudio module you should conneect some amplifier directly to
your Osprey - then you should have to configure it such as second sound
card (I never tried it then I do not know how) - check your sound mixer
for second panel?

>>btaudio: registered device dsp1 [digital]
>>btaudio: registered device dsp2 [analog]
Regards

--
Wies?aw Kierbedz'
gg  2128870; wieslaw_kierbedz at jabber.org