[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS Jerky playback of some avi files

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Nov 8 22:23:32 CET 2003

Conlef Ruine wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I've been using mplayer for a long time without problems and I always
> try to keep up-to-date.
> Currently I'm using MPlayer 0.92-3.3.

Although 0.92 is the most recent released version, it's quite old as far
as current development is concerned. Try downloading and compiling the
latest cvs (or cvs snapshot) and see if your problem persists.

> I recently bought myself a new digital camera that can also record
> videos and for some reason these videos (avi) have a pause every second
> or so on playback. Other videos including avi files from other sources
> play ok. DMA is activated for my hard drives and I think my pc is
> powerfull enough (Athlon 2500, 512 MB).

Yeah, your hardware is sufficient. :)

> A Sample video is available on
> my web site <http://www.bigsofty.de/dancing_queen.html>.

Next time, please just post the actual URL:
http://www.bigsofty.de/videos/dancing.avi

> The videos
> play fine with xanim on linux and quicktime on windows.

They play fine for me too, with MPlayer dev-CVS-031107-16:00-3.3.2.
Try upgrading your mplayer, as I mentioned above, and if you still have
a problem, reply and tell us so.

-Corey