[MPlayer-users] only green screen on TV-in attempt

Timo Reimann ttr2654 at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 9 14:02:37 CET 2003

 --- Timo Reimann <ttr2654 at yahoo.de> schrieb: > > Does
really *nobody* has a clue concerning how to
> get
> a TV picture on my screen instead of green wall of
> nothing? This is driving me nuts!
>
> Somebody told me it could be an overlay issue, I
> tried
> 'nooverlay' and 'overlay' but it didn't help. :(

Well I managed to handle the issue. In case anyone
else encounters this problem: I forgot to apply proper
width=<width> and height=<height> with the -tv switch.
Someone on IRCnet knew what to do what I threw the
catchword 'overlay' at him. According to what he said,
the v4l interface (bttv-driver?) does transmit these
values to mplayer but the numbers are totally screwed
so you have to supply them yourself.

MP+TV finally working, yippy. :)