[MPlayer-users] gmencoder

anton anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 9 22:08:14 CET 2003

Cheers
My problem is that I have a preference for text-form subtitles. There
are no really easy-to-use tools for linux (am going to start on a subrip
port when I get a better hand on Delphi...). I was debating trying to
put together something with the transcode tools, but even in order to
use them at all it seems necessary to have the .ifo file. If it can just
be copied and used as below then great - I assumed it would be specific
to the form found on the dvd (i.e., 1gig .vobs) and would spit the dummy
if I just copied it along with a stream dump. Hence vobcopy -m (which is
what the transcode/mplayer howto suggests). I suppose that it is just
ignorance, but we have to start somewhere!
It is certainly much nicer working with command line mplayer if you
don't have to cat stuff...
I will give a stream dump + copied ifo a try.
Cheers
Anton