[MPlayer-users] weird behavior

Sebastian Kaps seb-keyword-mplayer.729994 at toyland.sauerland.de
Mon Nov 10 09:59:56 CET 2003

Hi!

Yesterday I noticed that I'm unable to use seek functions with mplayer
when playing videos. I always get an error message:
,----
| Cannot seek in raw AVI streams. (Index required, try with the -idx switch.)
`----
Now the funny thing is that this doesn't happen with all videos - some
are still "seekable". I'm also sure that I was able to use seek
functions in all affected video files without any problems before.

When I use "-idx" the index generation stops at 59% or 60% on all(!)
affected files. When this point is reached during playback the video
stops and mplayer quits leaving lots of the following messages on the
console:
,----
| [mpeg4 @ 0x85c6900]ac-tex damaged at 26 14
| [mpeg4 @ 0x85c6900]Error at MB: 600
| [mpeg4 @ 0x85c1850]marker does not match f_code
| [mpeg4 @ 0x85c1850]marker does not match f_code
| [mpeg4 @ 0x85c1850]marker does not match f_code
`----
This also happens when I don't use "-idx". With some files I don't even
get these messages - this is possibly related to the codec used.

I've tried various mplayer versions (0.92, 1.0pre2, CVS) but none made a
difference. Even xine bails out at the 60% point on these files.
So I'm not sure if this is directly related to mplayer.

I'm using the following switches to compile mplayer:
,----
| ./configure \
| --enable-freetype \
| --disable-runtime-cpudetection \
| --disable-gui \
| --enable-menu \
| --enable-xv \
| --enable-lirc \
| --enable-gui \
| --disable-termcap \
| --enable-vm \
| --enable-xmms \
| --enable-sdl \
| --enable-vorbis \
| --disable-mencoder \
| && make
`----

Another thing: I've had a pretty bad filesystem crash a few days ago. I
was able to repair the fs but some files were corrupted and I had to
reinstall a lot of packages (the video files were not affected by this,
though).
Maybe I forgot some files and it now affects mplayer? Where should I
look?

--
Ciao, Sebastian