[MPlayer-users] mplayer TV tuner interface problems

Catalin Muresan catalin.muresan at Astral.Ro
Mon Nov 10 10:54:41 CET 2003

	Hello,

	I have a bt878 tv tuner that i use with mplayer, the only problem i
have is trying to adjust the volume. First my system specs: duron 650, 256mb
ram, geforce2mx, bt878a tv card, sblive (emu10k), bt878a card connected to
sblive on line port.
	mplayer works fine but because the tv is linked with a cable from
the tv card to the soundcard it will not enable any audio driver so i cannot
control the volume and because of this i tried 2 things:

	1. first i tried to use immediatemode=0 so mplayer would get the
audio from bt878 and play it to the soundcard, works but with a very
significant drop in framerate, now i have like 5fps and mplayer already said
"your system is too slow etc." while i checked with vmstat system is always
above 80% idle.
	2. i hacked the libao2/ao_oss.c part of the mplayer and i added a
-mixer-channel so i can control not the PCM but the LINE channel of the
mixer, which did not work because mplayer on tv mode does not use the audio
output drivers. i tried to fool mplayer with -audiofile, worked but mplayer
crashes when changing channels then.

	also a smaller issue, video is delayed line 200ms (maybe because i
use -vf pp=lb ?)

	any help/shared experiences is appreciated.

/catalin