[MPlayer-users] Mencoder lavc/mpeg4 output - no audio under WIn32 ?!

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Mon Nov 10 16:37:38 CET 2003

At a rough guess, I think the problem is -oac copy.  With your second command
you probably wouldn't need to specify it at all, as audio isn't used during
the first video encoding pass, and when you specify it in your third command,
it's copying the audio out of the MPEG file (in I assume MPEG2, layer-2
format) and putting that in the AVI.  And when I tried doing that myself,
there doesn't appear to be a Windows codec that can handle MPEG2 layer-2
audio (well, not outside a dedicated DVD player program anyway.)

What happens if you move the -oac mp3lame and -lameopts to the third command?
Does that work?  Basically I think the problem is the first command is
generating the MP3 audio, but then it's just being ignored, and not saved
into the final AVI file.  (If you play the final AVI with mplayer, it should
tell you what format the audio is in.)

Cheers,
Adam.