[MPlayer-users] Can't access files copied from Hitachi DVD-CAM to disc

Robert Mitchell robert.mitchell4 at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 11 06:51:18 CET 2003

>On Saturday 11 October 2003 06:00, Adam Nielsen wrote:
>> Have you tried the -dvd-device option listed in the manpage?

>Yes, you just need to specify the DVD image with the -dvd-device
>paramter and
>it will miraculously work.
>
>- --
> - Thilo Schulz

Thilo, glad it works for you.  I copied files from my Hitachi DVD-CAM,
to disc at

/extra/movies/home/rrdance/DVD_RTAV/

then renamed the VR_MANGR.IFO file to VIDEO_TS.IFO and VR_MOVIE.VRO to
VIDEO_TS.VOB

then I used the command
gmplayer -dvd 1 -dvd-device /extra/movies/home/rrdance/DVD_RTAV/

and got

Playing DVD title 1
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for VMGM (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
Can't open VMG info!

I have rwx on the directory.

pressing > on the gmplayer ui caused it to go further and it gave:

Font /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)

Playing DVD title 1
File not found: 'DVD title 1'

Can you tell me if the command is correct?  Anyone have experience with
an Hitachi IFO?  I have played vro/vob files from this cam, from
harddrive and they play ok, but are stretched vertically.  I feel sooo
close, just a little further!

Anyone out there have experience with Hitachi ifo files?  Anyone know
where Hitachi might store special effects like fade-out?  It's not in
the VOB.

Thanks!
Rob Mitchell